Monday, August 8, 2011

Patiently Waiting.....THEN BAM!!!

It is nowAugust 8th.  A recap on the past several months......

May, June and July proved to be some very stressful months for me. We were hitting out busy season at work, and that took up a lot of time an energy for me.  Sometime near the end of August or early September is when things start to clean up for the season, but it is also the time where I will start my travel season.  Trips halfway across the country were getting booked, and I started to get worried I would have to cancel one or some of them if I got my call from the producers for filming.  I tried to keep all trips as loose as possible, even though I knew that it could still take another year until I got my call.

Nearly three months breezed by with no news.  With work being crazy and having joined a kickball league,  I had put Wheel to the back of my brain.  People constantly asked me if I had heard anything, and I would reply no, and just shrugged it off.  Work was my focus at the moment, and any time spent thinking about it could be considered a waste of time.  Of course, I still play the Facebook game and watch the show as often as possible, but I didn't want to spend any more time than necessary dwelling over when I would get a call.

Then last week came.  A very stressful week at work.  Two kickball practices and a game.  A trip up the coast for work. Endless phone calls from customers.  My grandma's birthday at the end of the week.  By the time Friday afternoon came, I had about had it.

My phone rang at about 4:30 Friday afternoon with a 310 number.  This was not a number I recognized.  I shrugged off the prospect of who it could be, and prepared myself to put out another fire with a muffed delivery or a missed order.

"Hello, this is Jared" I answered.
"Jared, this is Gary with Wheel of Fortune" is what I heard from the other end of the phone.

I lit up immediately! The conversation took place, and I found out I would be filming this Thursday, August 18th in Culver City.  I was informed I would have a package mailed to me with further information and instructions.

So here I sit, Monday afternoon, only three days after receiving my call, with another eleven to go before I get on that stage.  Nerves are starting to set in, hotels are being booked, travel plans being jockeyed around for my family.  I am extremely excited for this opportunity, and can't wait to spin that wheel!

I will keep you guys informed as to the status of my adventure.

Thanks for reading!
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment