Monday, August 8, 2011

May 11, 2011-My Birthday!

I woke up the morning of May 11, knowing that I was now 26 years old.  I was looking forward to a nice dinner at Black Angus with my family.  I had made a joke in passing the night before about how great it would be to get my letter on my birthday, how that would be an awesome birthday gift.

Sure enough, I got my letter, on my birthday, informing me that I would be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune!!! This was it! I get to meet Pat! And Vanna!

But when?

I became a tad discouraged reading that it could take up to 18 months to get the chance to film your episode.  And at that, you could be called as an alternate.  I knew that my wait time could be long and drawn out.  I felt it best to try to keep it out of my mind, and let things take their course.

I had read on several other blogs that when other contestants had gotten their calls for filming the number had a 310 area code.  Being in sales, and selling to people all over the country, I received calls from the 310 fairly frequently.  Each time, I perked up a little bit, and then recognized the number as a customer and went on about my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment